The importance of speaking and listening skills cannot be emphasised enough. Talk is a rehearsal for writing; it is an outcome in its own right and it allows pupils to extend and develop their thinking skills.
During the 2nd term Ms Rosanne Talbot (Oracy Teacher) delivered Oracy demo sessions to Kindergarten 2 classes. The objectives of these listening and speaking activities were:
- To discuss a topic with the aid of pictures or other media;
- To listen to and enjoy a text;
- To appreciate poetry and prose;
- To show understanding through practice and production and
- To make use of the newly acquired vocabulary in conversation.