Here, you may find some sensory activities that early childhood children can engage in whilst they are at home.
Recipe for Making Play-dough
Playing with Blocks
When playing with blocks children will:
- learn to share with others
- Increase their attention spans
- develop mathematical skills such as length, height, weight; spatial awareness; shapes, counting, classifying, sorting
- learn to sort by colour, shape, size, etc.
- develop problem solving skills
- develop their fine motor skills
- develop eye-hand coordination
- develop language skills as they play, build and learn together.
Resources Focusing on Fine and Gross Motor-skills (suggested by Ms M. Calleja Gafa HoD Inclusion)